Monday, September 13, 2010

welcome to food ethics by peter

Hello welcome to my blog, my name is Peter, am posting this blog for my College class Research Paper about food ethics, me as a person I like to eat food, their is something special when a certain taste or craving is meet.
       My eating habits are not the best, but I do like to cook food at home, it gives me a  satisfaction of knowing how my food was prepared, I try to cook at home as often as I can, 4-5 times a week. I haven't gone shopping for food since I was a child, but everything in my refrigerator is organic.
       The foods I eat at home are, rice, beans, oven roasted chicken, fried beef, green beans, and spinach, combined with mixed  salads that contain fresh, carrots, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, and red peppers with a little balsamic vinegar. when am outside all bets are off am talking about ,cheeseburger's pizza, hot dogs, salads, battered fried chicken , if its eatable I will eat it.
       My favorite food has to be grilled (anything) , there are many things a person can grill, I like to grill, red onions, chicken, steaks, ribs, potato's, and corn. I really love to grill things because it brings back a warm feeling I had as a kid were the whole family got together at someones house or at a park. the women would gossip about everyone and the kids go out and play and the men cook in the grill, when the food was ready no matter how far away I was I would be running towards the smoke of the grill. Sundays were a whole day long of eating, relaxing and just having a good time.
       There is always that x factor when your eating your food, were did your food come from not just from the supermarket but what farm it came from. When we eat are food we don't really like to think about it because maybe the truth will make us sacred to take other bite of our delicious food. I want to believe that my food isn't mixed with manure or that no killer pesticide were added or that the animals had a good life while on earth and that they are not genetically modifying their DNA to make them bigger.  I think our vegetables and fruits still some from fields but our meat comes from factory like buildings that contain hundreds of animals and they are killed and packaged.

Thank you for reading
- peter

3 comments:

  1. hey peter i also loved everything that is grilled because there is no real fat in the meat which is more healthier and non greasy ,i also eat a lot of organic food i dont like the way they chemical process a lot of food now a days

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's it going Peter,
    It amazes me that you know how to cook and how often you cook. I for one do not know how to cook anything at all. Another thing that caught my attention was that fact that you never went food shopping before ?!?!? =0 I don't go food shopping often but it's fun when you're able to pick out your own stuff =D. The bad thing about that is that i aim for the junk food like cookies, ice cream and other junk food. I totally agree with you on the taste of "grilled anything" . It gives such a different and better taste to the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you with the whole liking home cooked food I just wish I could afford it all being organic... thumbs up on the grill foods though I cant deny it... it be hitting the spot ;)

    ReplyDelete